Incredible transformation is possible with the fascia release work.
The right props Make a difference!
For fascia release work these are the basics.
TWO BLACK BALLS , ONE SILVER OR PEARL BALL and a PUMP.
FOOT WAKERS, will be included to my classes soon!
UK LINK ( 2 black balls, 1 silver ball and pump)
EUROPEAN LINK: http://www.bodyrolling.eu/store.php?c=0000000000
ADDITIONAL PROPS FOR ALL CLASSES:
YOGA TUNE UP BALLS, and THERAPY BALL SET ( in tote bag)
SOFT FOAM ROLLER
YOGA STRAP, YOGA BLOCK, (google this) no preference here.
PILLOWS TO SIT ON AND PLACE UNDER KNEES HELP.
Neti Pots and Colds: The Benefits
· Clear the nostrils to allow free breathing.
· Remove excess mucous.
· Reduce pollen or allergens in nasal passages.
· Relieve nasal dryness.
· Reduce cold and flu symptoms.
· Alleviate sinus headaches.
· Improve sense of smell and taste.
· Reduce snoring.
What you need:
Fill the Netti pot with warm water.
Asd the salt mix.
Add 2-4 drops of Logul’s 2% iodine.
Tighten to cap and shake to mix everything.
Nuzzle the top against one sinus opening.
Squeeze the Netti pot and water will flow up the one sinus and out the other.
Close one sinus and blow out through the other to clear any fluid left.
ENJOY HOW CLEAR AND CLEAN YOUR SINUS’S ARE AS WELL AS HOW LOVELY IT IS TO BREATH.
Conscious Breathing -
Correct breathing habits
The original way our bodies were designed to breath
Built-in protection from the environment.
Breathing is something we seldom inspect or associate with immediately influencing our health and wellbeing.
It is the unsung hero as there are No bells and whistles, no products to buy, nothing to invest beyond awareness and willingness to explore our own physiology and restore a major important component for our health and well-being.
Due to many factors we tend to breath incorrectly and our culture now teaches and accepts as normal less than optimal habits:
Genetically we are designed to breath through our nose.
When we inhale this way the air is prepared for the lungs: It is heated, moisturized and cleansed from bacteria and other particles before travelling down through the airways to the lungs.
On exhalation, the nose is reheated and re moisturized because the air coming up from the lungs is body-tempered and 100% humid. The particles that got trapped on inhalation follow the air out again during exhalation.
When we breathe through the mouth we absorb air that is cold, dry and full of particles, making the airways irritated, inflamed and narrow.
Mouth breathing can lead to many physical, emotional and mental states of dis “ease” which can look like:
· Life seems to be more of an uphill struggle
· You make more simple mistakes
· You are in flight or fight mode
· Immunity is lowered
· You wind up in conflicts more frequently
· You feel tired, and your cravings for fast carbs, sugar, coffee, and energy drinks increase
· You may feel you need alcohol to be able to relax
· Your heart works less efficiently
· Your body and muscles become a little more tense
· You may experience more pain
· You are more likely to feel worried or afraid
· Your sleep quality may suffer
Many surprising benefits can be gained from relearning to nose breath:
PLEASE START NOTICING HOW YOU BREATH!
All change starts with awareness.
Relax and practice nose breathing: ideal breathing is 8-12 breaths a minute. If you are breathing more than this you are in stress mode.
Small breath’s – A normal breath, at rest, contains only about 0.5 liter of air, equaling a respiratory volume of about 3-6 liters per minute (6-12 breaths per minute and 0.5 liter per breath). Since many of us have a tendency to both take bigger breaths and breathe faster, it is common with a breathing volume of 10-15 liters of air per minute, which exceeds our body’s need by 2-4 times. This creates an imbalance between oxygen and carbon dioxide since it gives us too much oxygen and too little carbon dioxide. (This un-discussed detail causes less oxygen to go to the brain) When we have more carbon dioxide in our bodies the brain gets more oxygen!
POSTURE – being slumped or collapsed in our ribcage means the lungs do not have the full space the body was supposed to provide for them and breathing is forced and faster. Over time there is an increased risk we open our mouth, which in turn makes us push the chin slightly forward and upward in order to keep the airways open
A great way to retrain yourself is to tape your mouth shut when you sleep. If you are nervous to do this then tape your mouth shut for 10 – 15 minutes during the day, to figure out what it all feels like and to build up your familiarity with the sensations.
GENTLE PAPER TAPE is a medical tape you can be purchased in the pharmacy. (or amazon)
SLEEPING TAPE (brand version of this concept can be purchased from the conscious breathing website.
You can find much more information about this:
For athletes, physical challenges, general health and more.
Breathing tips for protection against the Corona virus:
These are interesting notes I have picked up about Iodine. Please note that I am sharing what I have read and researched. I am not a medical doctor or professional of any sort. I am sharing what I have read about and use in my own health practices.
Logul’s iodine 2% can be ordered from Amazon – many brands. At the bottom of this page I have listed a few books about iodine.
1. The thyroid is a butterfly shaped gland in the neck. In a healthy person, the thyroid gland contains just a little under an ounce of iodine.
2. Every 17 minutes the blood runs through the iodine in the thyroid gland, this is so the iodine can kill bacteria and viruses.
3. Healthy breast tissue also contains iodine.
4. There are several things that can cancel out iodine, one of which is BROMINE. Bromine is found in commercially baked goods and in very high amounts in chocolate. In fact, chocolate is given to a person suffering from iodine poisoning.
5. Our bodies DO NOT MAKE IODINE!!!! It must come from the foods we eat. This lack of iodine in many diets is why iodine is added to salt. (iodized salt)
6. The thyroid gland does 2 very important things; 1. it makes the T1 T2 T3 and T4 hormones, 2. it regulates the LYMPHATIC system.
7. The thyroid MUST have adequate iodine to make its hormones and to properly regulate the lymph system (the lymphatic system is simply the fluid levels in the body)
8. IF the thyroid does not have enough iodine, the body will pull the iodine out of healthy breast tissue and put it into the thyroid gland. 100% of breast cancer patients are also iodine deficient.
As the body needs iodine a very safe way to re introduce it to the body is through the skin as this way the body takes only as much as it needs.
9. I put 3-5 drops of Lugol’s iodine 2% on my wrist every day, and rub it in with my other wrist – it leaves a yellowish stain. Check to see how long the stain lasts – if your body has enough iodine, it will last 5-8 hours. If you are lacking it will be absorbed fast. I have seen it disappear on many friends doing this test, within minutes!
Statistically in the USA almost 97% of Americans are deficient. ( per “ Iodine, why you need it, why you cannot live without it” by dr Bronstein.
Doing this will also protect your body from radioactivity. When there is a nuclear accident we are exposed to radiation at a high level and this will help protect us. I do this as I also travel by plane often and know that I am exposed through travelling this way to more radiation and this will help me withstand the over exposure and keep me healthy.
10. Foot painting is another way to replenish the thyroid gland with iodine. The body simply absorbs the iodine through the skin (transdermal) and the blood will carry the iodine to the thyroid gland and deposit it there.
11. Foot painting is simply "painting" iodine on the balls of both feet before bedtime. It's put on the bottom of the feet so that if some of it does not absorb, you won't be going around with strange orange spots on your body!
12. Paint balls of feet, let dry, go to sleep. Check feet the next morning, if the iodine has been absorbed (if the area is lighter) then repeat each nigh until the body no longer absorbs the iodine and the feet are just as dark as the night before. This is when you know that the body has all the iodine it needs.
13. Use plain old iodine that is found in any pharmacy. It comes in a small brown bottle and is only a dollar or two. DO NOT buy the colorless iodine! You need to see the absorption levels.
14. Once the body has absorbed all it needs, wait two weeks and do the foot painting again. This is because the thyroid will release some of the iodine back down into the breast tissue. You might need to top off the thyroid after this happens.
15. Thyroid tests DO NOT TEST the levels of iodine!!!!! They only check for the thyroid hormones of T3 and T4.
16. An iodine filled thyroid will begin to make its own hormones again.
17. A properly filled thyroid will also signal the lymphatic system to release excess fluid.
18. Commercial bakeries used to use iodine to strengthen the dough so it could get through the automated machinery, but in the late 1970's early 1980's they switched to bromine for the same purpose.
19. Whenever you've been sick with a cold or sore throat and your lymph nodes are sore or swollen under your jawline, that is from the thyroid killing germs and the lymph nodes (the colanders of the body) catching the dead cells. This happens in all of the lymph nodes, but you can feel it first under the jawline because they are closest to the thyroid gland.
IODNE BOOKS TO READ
“The iodine crisis” by Lynn Farrow
“Iodine why you need it, why you can’t live without it” by Dr Brownstein
“Breast Cancer & Iodine” by Dr Berry
“Iodine Bring Back The Universal Medicine” by Dr Circus and Dr Brownstein.
Is it possible to live your life as a direct reflection of the life force that flows within you? To connect and surrender to this powerful force and allow it to direct your existence? To do this you need to let go of the box you decided was YOU!
Who are you? Really?
We all have personality constructs. This idea of identity that is made up of stories and titles - i.e. place of birth, ethnicity and culture, language, gender, community beliefs, body shape, eye, and hair color as well as personal titles and roles like job/career, spouse, sibling, teacher, talent. Now let’s layer in the emotional and descriptive labels we tend to carry… ambitious, insecure, overweight, skinny, old, young, etc. etc. etc. We spend our lives living in these boxes, structured stories of who we think we are.
I want to invite you to consider who you might be those established constructs? What happens when you strip all that back? Who are you when you remove all that scaffolding?
Are you ready to find out? Are you ready to step into the wild side?
It can be frightening to move beyond our comfort zone and enter the unknown. Our ego is firmly rooted in who we think we are and will try to hold tight to this perceived sense of self. Stepping away from this established identity, in some ways, is a form of death. With courage, you can move beyond this.
Are you ready to heed the call to discover yourself in a whole new way?
We are stuck within this boxed in self-image. Imagine having a deep sense of a self that is in motion, living and expanding in sync with the evolving, pulsating universe. With courage, we can strip away the old paradigm and create a space where we can discover who we really are - fluid, formless and limitless.
Out with the old. In with the new. Rebooting and recalibrating the senses.
Our senses are an essential way that we experience the world around us and we tend to hold a fixed way of seeing the world to reinforce what we know. As you release yourself from this boxed-in sense of self and remove the shackles of the old programming you must recalibrate the senses. This is an important element of renewal.
What if you could start again and relearn how your senses really work? What about your inner sense and sounds?
Most of us wear glasses, contacts or do surgery to correct our eyesight. Did you know you can improve your vision naturally by relearning how to use your eyes? Did you know you can improve your hearing naturally by learning how you perceive sound waves to refine and upgrade your sense of perception? The same applies to smell, taste, and feelings, and to the external sensations and the internal emotions. Do you find yourself having those looping repetitive stories that get played, over and over, in your mind? Something that you’d like to do differently or understand better? This unnecessary internal noise distracts and derails us from living a life that is reflective of our higher selves.
Nature is progressive... constantly shifting, unfolding and evolving. When we keep ourselves boxed into these established constructs and resist this natural expansion we end up relying on discomfort, pain, and suffering to motivate change.
Are you ready to step out of the box and move on?
Are you ready to surrender the past and clear the space? Are you ready to quiet the noise and listen for those deeper, inspired thoughts and ideas that come from a place that is fresh, raw and expansive? Are you ready to have vision pull you rather than pain drive you?
Be courageous and allow yourself to Step into the Wild Side.
Join me for my Costa Rica Yoga Retreat, May 3 - 10, 2020. Together, we will release old stories and programming, recalibrate the senses and step into a new sense of self.