These are interesting notes I have picked up about Iodine. Please note that I am sharing what I have read and researched. I am not a medical doctor or professional of any sort. I am sharing what I have read about and use in my own health practices.
Logul’s iodine 2% can be ordered from Amazon – many brands. At the bottom of this page I have listed a few books about iodine.
1. The thyroid is a butterfly shaped gland in the neck. In a healthy person, the thyroid gland contains just a little under an ounce of iodine.
2. Every 17 minutes the blood runs through the iodine in the thyroid gland, this is so the iodine can kill bacteria and viruses.
3. Healthy breast tissue also contains iodine.
4. There are several things that can cancel out iodine, one of which is BROMINE. Bromine is found in commercially baked goods and in very high amounts in chocolate. In fact, chocolate is given to a person suffering from iodine poisoning.
5. Our bodies DO NOT MAKE IODINE!!!! It must come from the foods we eat. This lack of iodine in many diets is why iodine is added to salt. (iodized salt)
6. The thyroid gland does 2 very important things; 1. it makes the T1 T2 T3 and T4 hormones, 2. it regulates the LYMPHATIC system.
7. The thyroid MUST have adequate iodine to make its hormones and to properly regulate the lymph system (the lymphatic system is simply the fluid levels in the body)
8. IF the thyroid does not have enough iodine, the body will pull the iodine out of healthy breast tissue and put it into the thyroid gland. 100% of breast cancer patients are also iodine deficient.
As the body needs iodine a very safe way to re introduce it to the body is through the skin as this way the body takes only as much as it needs.
9. I put 3-5 drops of Lugol’s iodine 2% on my wrist every day, and rub it in with my other wrist – it leaves a yellowish stain. Check to see how long the stain lasts – if your body has enough iodine, it will last 5-8 hours. If you are lacking it will be absorbed fast. I have seen it disappear on many friends doing this test, within minutes!
Statistically in the USA almost 97% of Americans are deficient. ( per “ Iodine, why you need it, why you cannot live without it” by dr Bronstein.
Doing this will also protect your body from radioactivity. When there is a nuclear accident we are exposed to radiation at a high level and this will help protect us. I do this as I also travel by plane often and know that I am exposed through travelling this way to more radiation and this will help me withstand the over exposure and keep me healthy.
10. Foot painting is another way to replenish the thyroid gland with iodine. The body simply absorbs the iodine through the skin (transdermal) and the blood will carry the iodine to the thyroid gland and deposit it there.
11. Foot painting is simply "painting" iodine on the balls of both feet before bedtime. It's put on the bottom of the feet so that if some of it does not absorb, you won't be going around with strange orange spots on your body!
12. Paint balls of feet, let dry, go to sleep. Check feet the next morning, if the iodine has been absorbed (if the area is lighter) then repeat each nigh until the body no longer absorbs the iodine and the feet are just as dark as the night before. This is when you know that the body has all the iodine it needs.
13. Use plain old iodine that is found in any pharmacy. It comes in a small brown bottle and is only a dollar or two. DO NOT buy the colorless iodine! You need to see the absorption levels.
14. Once the body has absorbed all it needs, wait two weeks and do the foot painting again. This is because the thyroid will release some of the iodine back down into the breast tissue. You might need to top off the thyroid after this happens.
15. Thyroid tests DO NOT TEST the levels of iodine!!!!! They only check for the thyroid hormones of T3 and T4.
16. An iodine filled thyroid will begin to make its own hormones again.
17. A properly filled thyroid will also signal the lymphatic system to release excess fluid.
18. Commercial bakeries used to use iodine to strengthen the dough so it could get through the automated machinery, but in the late 1970's early 1980's they switched to bromine for the same purpose.
19. Whenever you've been sick with a cold or sore throat and your lymph nodes are sore or swollen under your jawline, that is from the thyroid killing germs and the lymph nodes (the colanders of the body) catching the dead cells. This happens in all of the lymph nodes, but you can feel it first under the jawline because they are closest to the thyroid gland.
IODNE BOOKS TO READ
“The iodine crisis” by Lynn Farrow
“Iodine why you need it, why you can’t live without it” by Dr Brownstein
“Breast Cancer & Iodine” by Dr Berry
“Iodine Bring Back The Universal Medicine” by Dr Circus and Dr Brownstein.